BeasieHell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft

3 posters

Go down

the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft Empty the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft

Post by ponipampering Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:47 am

what are they

i waanna know

i like modded minecraft a lot i like to do tech progression ones like gregtech and divine journey 2 which is kind of all over the place but same thing basically
there's some new modpacks i'm interested in like rougelike adventures and dungeons 2 and some stuff with minecolonies which is interstting but there's also some cool satisfaction in making your own pack that yuou like even if it's sort of not meshy together sometimes

minecraft thoughts i wanna hear em please
ponipampering
ponipampering

https://dawnatdusk.neocities.org/

wretchedhiddenthing likes this post

Back to top Go down

the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft Empty Re: the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft

Post by wretchedhiddenthing Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:23 pm

Ive been mostly satisfied with playing vanilla minecraft for most of my life and ive only started playing more modded minecraft again this year. I played a lot of the original tekkit pack after 1.2 dropped and dabbled a bit with Voltz and with FTB. Unfortunately im a little bit too distractible to actually get into doing the progression of most tech based modpacks.

The modpack ive been playing a lot of recently is called "Better Than Adventure" which is kind like an alternative direction minecraft could've gone in which diverges from the direction the Adventure Update took it. Its fairly similar to minecraft alpha but with some new content  and a couple really good mechanical changes.

As for modded minecraft as a whole, I think that as mojang continues to release more and more content into vanilla minecraft that pulls further from the original gameplay loop of  vanilla in its earlier forms, it makes the base game feel more and more like a modpack itself. Ive seen more discontent from people who are annoyed by the direction the devs are taking the base game, one big example of this being the Mob Polls that always seem to annoy people regardless of what gets introduced, among other things. I think its pushing more people to go and play their preferred modpack of choice now that the base game already has a modpack feel
wretchedhiddenthing
wretchedhiddenthing

ponipampering likes this post

Back to top Go down

the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft Empty Re: the thoughts people have about modded minecraaft

Post by ponipampering Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:35 pm

i feel the distractible part a lot it's really a miracle that my faavorite kinds of packs are ones that require dozens to thousands of hours to finish or even get to a nice flow state to feel somewhat accomplished [gregtech new horizons i hear takes 2500hrs to get to the endgame but every update they push the goalpost farther away because they think they're so funny (and they are)]
i've heard really good things about better than adventure but i haven't really looked in depth at it for almost a year i think so i'll probably give it a look n maybe try it out because i think it would be interesting to like see alternate takes in direction for states of the game that's kind of like the whole point of the specific kind of mods minecraft cultivates i think

i sort of agree with your idea that minecraft is slowly losing its sense of identity w/ all the things they're adding not feeling like they're what the game is about and thus makes it more modpacky but at the same time i don't really think that's what's happening, rather there's an idea that as time progresses, the people that grew up with the game get alienated by the development that's been happening because of the nature that it is slowly expanding and becoming more fantastical and thus not feeling like the same game anymore to an extent, which i definitely get because there is a clear shift in direction after 1.8 that pushes the game into the more fantastical realm similiar to terraria
unlike terraria though, minecraft didn't have this element from the getgo which i suppose is where most people get hung up on new features feeling like mods rather than actual designed updates by mojang
i don't remember which update added the end or the ender dragon but thtere has always been a general sort of mysterious emptiness to minecraft's feel what with the only fantaasy creatures [from the most early parts of the game] are creepers and endermen [i don't count zombies skeletons or spiders because those are classic video game enemies]
it's like one thing when they add the concept of hell into the game's mythos where it allows them to add a whole new set of different creatures that were well received with how unique and inspired they were because it felt like more game was being made but a whole other thing when over the course of 5 years or so there has been one major overhaul to the world generation that creates one [1] new kind of fantasy creature and setting with nary any elaboration into its mythos which helps sell this mysterious empty feeling that mojang tries to cultivate
which i guess is my point in typical roundabout fashion where i don't think the community really minds too much over the art direction of updates, i think players appreciate getting to know the world better and the deep dark in previous updates was markedly well received, it's moreso mojang's resistance to listen to community feedback for years and keep doing the silly mob votes that always seem to add nothing to the game other than forgotten or at worst hated features [ever since the first one, the phantom, they haad to add a whole new gaamerule to turn it off because it's so annoying], while teasing incredible concepts that would add great variety to the world and expand upon previouus concepts, but choose to get the community to vote over which to add in order to boost engagement
which is funny to me because minecraft is the most popular game in the world i think but i've probably been talking too long

tldr it's not that the game is feeling more like a modpack [even tho some players feel this way] it's moreso a pushback and loud sigh at mojang's seeming lack of work ethic over consistent years that makes players rather deal with modpacks or making their own packs for previous versions rather than play the newest, however i'm pretty sure people that play the newest vanilla version are still the majority at the end of the day
ponipampering
ponipampering

https://dawnatdusk.neocities.org/

wretchedhiddenthing likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oktokuiten Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:04 am

i mostly play vanilla, i like how simple it is n how u can make it as complicated as u want thru redstone n automation n other machines that u build out of really basic components, modded all too often just puts all that in a single block n i find no fun in that, mods generally focus way more on progression which i dont care for cos thats not why i play minecraft, i play it for being creative with the limited tools ur given, i do sometimes dip into mods tho, recently i played Rouglike Adventures and Dungeons, which focuses alot on going to dungeons n getting loot, so it doesnt have a ton of tech n automation stuff which made for a fun challenge to automate it anyway
i do dislike the recent minecraft updates too, they seem to just keep adding new pointless creatures n blocks that no one will really care about rather than make the existing stuff better, recently ive been trying to use powered minecarts to make a train, but its impossible because they havent updated them in a decade so they work like shit, we couldve had the function to couple minecarts together with chains or leads, to change directions when u click on it rather than changing to the direction ur looking which is just so clunky n doesnt make much sense, n integrate them into the rest of inventory systems with hoppers n dispensers so u can fuel them automatically, maybe even had a UI, but mojang would rather add sniffers Rolling Eyes
ive stopped at version 1.16 because the later ones just piss me off with all that pointless crap
oktokuiten
oktokuiten

wretchedhiddenthing and ponipampering like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum